Up to £32.00 per hour + Umbrella
29 days ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within the Youth Offending Team based in London Borough of Hillingdon. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £32.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Knowledge and skills for Child & Family Social Workers
* Ability to write reports to a high standard
* Desirable - Current driving license with access to own vehicle
* Desirable - understanding of Youth Justice System, legal framework and assessment process.
Specific Role Information
London Borough of Hillingdon are looking for a Social Worker to join their Youth Offending team based at the Civic Centre.
Pay rate: £32ph Ltd.
Key activities of role:
- the criminogenic needs of young people
- the risk of re-offending,
- the risk of harm they present to others
- the risks to their safety and well being
To devise, implement and review clear multi agency intervention plans of increasing complexity according to risk, to reduce risk levels and further offending behaviour.
To demonstrate awareness and compliance with legislation, required standards of practice including national standards, guidance, protocols and local policies and procedures, particularly those pertaining to risk, safety and wellbeing management.
To prepare and present written reports to Referral Order Panels, Youth and Crown Courts.
To act as the Youth Offending Service representative within the Hillingdon Youth Court facilitating the exchange of relevant information and providing a professional advisory role. To attend other courts as and where necessary.
To work with young people in young offender institutions, secure units, and secure training centres to reduce the risk of re-offending, promote their personal and educational development and prepare them for release.
To clearly report and record assessments, judgements, decisions and analysis using the YOS case management data base.
To consider victim safety and restorative justice in all work
To prevent escalation within the criminal justice system through effective assessment and intervention in pre-court work.
To fulfil Social Work 'Champion' role within the Service including direct work with CIN/CP/LAC young people as well as professional leadership and guidance to colleagues within multi-disciplinary team.
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Mark Tuvey; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.