£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Umbrella
about 1 month ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within the Looked after Children's Team based in Luton. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £28.00 - £32.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* LAC experience
* Previous experience of working with looked after children preferably in a LAC team / and child protection / court experience
* Workers ideally will have at least 2 years post qualified experience
* Ability work under pressure and at a fast pace
* Car driver with access to own transport.
Specific Role Information
Luton Council are looking for 2 x Social Workers to join their Looked after Children team based at the Town Hall.
Pay rate: £28ph - £32ph
Receive and co-ordinate complex referrals, undertake the resulting assessments/devising care plans, arranging action and reviewing services for children and families, including influencing the direction of future services.
Managing a case load of min 20 case. Many of them complex in nature.
Visits out of borough so driving part of role.
Permanency planning, some CP work and long term planning.
1. Complete professional assessments of need and risk in respect of service users and carers using the Department of Health and Luton Borough Council criteria for children in need and significant harm. Taking the lead role and responsibility, you co-ordinate the multi-agency approach to prevent and address child protection issues and children in need.
2. Undertake statutory duties under the Children Act 1989 and other legislation and guidance relating to service users and carers e.g. care proceedings, arrangements for adoption/permanency, risk assessments and investigations in relation to the protection of children. Including arrangements for obtaining and carrying out Court Orders, attending court as the Council's representative and providing instruction to legal counsel.
3. Plan professional intervention using the appropriate available resources ensuring needs are met through negotiation and consultation with professional colleagues and service users. Promote anti discriminatory practice and the empowerment of service users.
4. Keep appropriate case records, statistics and information. Provide case reports and witness statements for Court when required, accountable to the requirements of both internal/external agencies in line with Luton Borough Council Policies and Procedures.
5. Ensure that the needs of service users are regularly reviewed and changes in circumstances and newly identified needs are addressed. This will necessitate organising and chairing multi-agency meetings.
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Sarah Abney; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.