£32.00 - £32.83 per hour + Umbrella
about 2 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within the Lac & Permanency Team based in London Borough of Brent. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £32.00 + £0.83 AWR (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Knowledge of child care law and the ability to apply it to situations where children may be at risk or needing to be looked after
* An understanding of the needs of children who are 'looked after' and the ability to develop appropriate plans for them in partnership with their parents/carers in a non-discriminatory way
* Ability to write in a clear, concise manner with appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader
* Ability to interpret and apply the Children in Need assessment framework
* Ability to prioritise a case load/work load, to be able to use line management supervision appropriately, to understand its purpose and importance and to be able to work as an effective member of a social work team.
Specific Role Information
Contributing to the achievement of the objectives of Children's Services through: -
* Undertaking assessments of need, child protection assessments, care planning and ensuring delivery of appropriate responses and actions.
* Working in partnership with other agencies to provide an effective child care service.
* Monitoring and supervising the wellbeing of children in need, children looked after and children whose names have been placed on the child protection register according to statutory and local guidelines and procedures.
* Implementing care plans.
* Helping young people who will cease to be looked after prepare for independent living.
* Preparing children for permanent placements (adoption and long term fostering).
* Working in partnership with parents/those with parental responsibility and carers.
* Work focused on achieving positive outcomes for children and young people.
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Mark Tuvey; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.