Up to £28.00 per hour + Umbrella
7 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within the Continuing Health Care Team based in Cambridgeshire. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £28.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Relevant experience.
Specific Role Information
Since implementation in 2017 the Council's Continuing Healthcare Team has succeeded in increasing awareness of NHS Continuing Healthcare (NHS CHC) and subsequently the number of referrals for NHS CHC.
The team currently exists of two practitioners and the strategic continuing healthcare manager, all of which have expertise in NHS CHC.
The role of the Team summarised below. However a flexible approach is taken as work can fluctuate on a daily basis:
* Completing the remaining backlog of NHS CHC assessments (CHC assessments exceeding the 28 day time limit set out in the National Framework for NHS CHC and FNC (2018)
* Support the Council's locality teams with NHS CHC Cases. This role is similar to that of a practice educator, requiring staff to mentor/coach staff to improve their knowledge and skills in relation to NHS CHC.
* Pick up NHS CHC assessments which teams are unable to allocate, to prevent a further backlog of NHS CHC assessments.
* Represent the Council at dispute meetings. This includes local dispute and local resolution panels.
* Provide technical advice in relation to the National Framework for NHS CHC and FNC (2018) and its interface with other legislation e.g. Mental Health Act
* Provide advice in relation to the DH Who Pays? Responsible Commissioner responsibilities
* Provide input into best practice, joint training, and areas of development.
* Provide input into proposed changes around practice
* Work in partnership with Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
* Provide a response to requests from the CCG within 48 hours
* Use analytical skills to identify trends in referrals and work.
* Any other delegated work relating to NHS CHC.
* Ensure Council values and policies are upheld and carried out.
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Sarah Abney; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.