Up to £24.03 per hour + Umbrella
6 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within the 16+ Team based in Penzance, Camborne, Truro or Bodmin. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £24.03 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Ability to manage risk to individuals, families, carers, groups, communities, self and colleagues
* Able to plan, carry out, review and evaluate social work practice with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities
* Able to prepare for and work with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities to assess their needs and circumstances
* Able to support individuals to represent their needs, views and circumstances
* Demonstrate professional competence in social work practice
* Manage and be accountable, with supervision and support, for your own social work practice within your organisation.
Specific Role Information
We require 2 qualified, experienced social workers to join our 16+ Team to cover a period of maternity leave and a vacancy.
This is a countywide team with office bases in Penzance, Camborne, Truro and Bodmin - the workers can be based in any of these offices and this can be negotiated.
The successful candidates should be Social Work qualified and have experience working with children and young people including children in care and/or care leavers. You will be expected to have excellent communication skills with young people; a working knowledge of the issues which effect children in care and care leavers; and an ability to work with young people of differing backgrounds and needs effectively in the community. Knowledge of working with Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children would be an advantage. You will be expected to work in partnership with a number of different agencies in order to lead on Care Planning; CIC reviews and Pathway Planning. You will be responsible for undertaking a lead statutory role for some children in care and care leavers; particularly working with partner agencies. You should have the ability to be autonomous and lone work. You should have good assessment and analytical skills which include the ability to risk assess and draw up risk management plans. You will also work alongside Personal Advisors within the team which will involve managing your own diary and caseload. You will be expected to have literacy in IT, be able to drive and have access to your own transport.
The working hours are 8:45am - 5:15pm Mon - Thurs and 8:45am - 4:45pm Fri, however these times may need to be adjusted dependent on needs of young people
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Sam Wade; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.