St. Austell, Cornwall
Up to £28.64 per hour + Umbrella
about 1 month ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Principal Social Worker to work full time within the Adults Care Team based in St Austell. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Principal Social Worker role is £28.64 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Principal Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Ability to deputise for the Team Manager on specified occasions
* Ability to manage and be accountable, with supervision/support, for your own social work practice within your organisation
* Ability to support the development of less experienced staff within the team
* Able to deliver an assessment care management service to a specific client group
* Able to manage risk to individuals, families, carers, groups, communities, self and colleagues
* Able to plan, carry out, review and evaluate social work practice with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities
* Able to practice in accordance with National Occupational Standards for Social Work/code of Practice for Social Care Workers
* Able to provide an enhanced level of skills and expertise within their practice.
Specific Role Information
Management responsibility for a team of Social Workers and Case Coordinators who provide assessment and support planning to older people, people with physical disabilities, people with learning disabilities and their carers.
Working within the Care Act and other related legislation and guidance.
- Risk assessment, triage and allocation of referrals
- Quality assurance and authorisation of support plans
- Oversight of safeguarding adults enquiries (including self neglect)
- Staff supervision and appraisal
- Performance management
- Working knowledge and commitment to strengths based working
- Responsible for a delegated budget
- Ability to work in partnership with others e.g. Health, Housing, Voluntary Sector
Please note that the team structure is currently a functional model, but will imminently be changing to a locality based team structure
- Professional qualification and registration (Social Work, Nurse or Occupational Therapy)
- Initially 3mths
- Full time (Monday - Friday)
The Principal Social Worker vacancy is managed by Lauren Bewick; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.