£35.00 - £35.91 per hour + Umbrella
about 2 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Senior Practitioner to work full time within Looked after Children Team based in London Borough of Brent. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Senior Practitioner role is £35.00 + £0.91 AWR (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Ability to write in a clear, concise manner with appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader
* Ability to keep accurate records in line with policy or access to records by service user
* Demonstrate that social work practice focuses on positive outcomes for individual children and young people
* Ability to persevere with difficult or time consuming jobs, overcoming obstacles and setbacks, in order to see tasks through completion
* Ability to influence, convince or impress others in a way that results in agreement, acceptance or behaviour change
* Ability to interpret and apply the Children in Need assessment framework
* Ability to assess in a non-discriminatory way the needs of children and their families from all sections of the community and to develop and implement, in partnership with families and other professionals, effective plans
* Ability to prioritise a case load / work load, to be able to use line management supervision appropriately, to understand its purpose and importance and be able to work as an effective member of a social work team
* Ability to provide specialist advice in at least one area of practice
* Ability to plan social care services
* Ability to deputise for consultant social workers.
Specific Role Information
* DipSW, CQSW or equivalent qualification.
* Knowledge of child care law and the ability to apply it to situations where children may be at risk or needing to be looked after.
* An understanding of the needs of children who are 'looked after' and the ability to develop appropriate plans for them in partnership with their parents/carers in a non-discriminatory way.
* A commitment to the Council's Equal Opportunities Policies and the ability to understand and implement the policies in relation to the job responsibilities.
* Successful completion of ASYE programme.
* Evidence of significant Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Full compliance with local and national professional development requirements
* Substantial professional knowledge in at least one specialist area of practice
* Experience of dealing with a range of child social work cases in a full caseload.
* Experience of dealing with more complex social work cases
* Experience of dealing with families taking legal action
* Experience of dealing with complex and challenging family issues involving high levels of risk
* Experience of dealing with legal applications relating to children
* Experience of supporting and developing less experienced social workers
* Experience of service planning
The Senior Practitioner vacancy is managed by Mark Tuvey; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.