Up to £0.00 per hour + Please advice desired rate
6 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Independent Reviewing Officer / Child Protection Chair to work full time within the Children's Safeguarding Team based in London Borough of Merton. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this IRO / CP Chair has not been advertised by the client so please advise of rate required.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the IRO / CP Chair
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Effective communicator
* IT literate.
Specific Role Information
1. Chairing independently initial and review child protection conferences, children looked after reviews, Child Sexual Exploitation strategy meetings and disruption meetings.
2. Provision of professional consultancy, guidance and expert professional advice to managers and practitioners.
3. Monitoring, developing and promoting consistently high practice standards in the implementation and interpretation of child protection; looked after children and child in need, statutory policy, guidance and procedures.
4. Ensuring that all child protection initial and review conferences and looked after reviews are within the statutory time limits and conform to statutory guidelines.
5. Responsible for ensuring the continuous improvement in standards of practice in relation to child protection, child in need and looked after children.
6. In line with the IRO Handbook and through the local dispute resolution process, ensure that children's plans are timely, of the highest quality and in the best interests of children and young people. (This includes, when required, entering into the Dispute Resolution Process (DRP) and resolving and/or escalating concerns about the quality of services provided to children and young people to the highest level including the Children's Director, the Chief Executive of the Local Authority and to CAFCASS in line with the chapter 6 of the IRO Handbook).
The IRO / CP Chair vacancy is managed by Craig Davis; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.