Up to £38.00 per hour + Umbrella
2 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Independent Reviewing Officer to work full time within the Child Protection Team based in Huntington. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this IRO role is £38.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the IRO
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Relevant experience.
Specific Role Information
Cambridgeshire County Council is looking to recruit an agency full-time (37 hours pw) Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to our busy Independent Reviewing Service.
The successful candidates will offer a critical and constructive view regarding the plans for the child, and escalate concerns where necessary
This is an opportunity to work within the Partnerships and Quality Assurance (PQA) service in Cambridgeshire, which is responsible for ensuring high standards are maintained for children and families across the local authority.
The role of Independent Reviewing Officer is unique in its position working alongside children, families, social workers and other partners to achieve the best outcomes for looked after children, while being personally accountable for monitoring effective care planning and challenging the local authority where necessary.
The role is flexible in terms of where it is based, and it involves travel both within and outside of Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly skilled and HCPC registered social worker with some experience of management
- Be able to work autonomously as well as within a multi-agency team
- Understand how to, and be able to, positively engage young people and their families in the long-term planning for the young person
- Be able to work collaboratively with multi-agency partners
- Be able to chair complex meetings
- Be able to write comprehensive yet succinct records
- Be able to effectively manage a busy diary which includes deadlines
- Have a progressive and flexible attitude and be adaptable to change
- Have the confidence and ability to sensitively challenge others, including senior managers, where there are issues impacting on the wellbeing of the child or the progress of the care plan
There is also a quality assurance element to the post, which will see the successful candidate involved in auditing cases, monitoring progress of care plans and pathway plans and feeding back on thematic issues within the county. There will also be opportunities to become involved in the wider service development and project streams that are focussed on improving experiences and outcomes for looked after children and care leavers.
Mileage .23p per mile
The IRO vacancy is managed by Sarah Abney; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.