Up to £45.00 per hour + Umbrella
6 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Independent Reviewing Officer to work full time within the Looked after Children Team based in Northampton. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this IRO role is £45.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the IRO
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Must hold a driver's license and have access to a car
* Must be able to start ASAP
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of people
* Self-motivated, flexible and resourceful
* Ability work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Previous experience in similar role
* Ability to organise own workload to meet targets and deadlines.
Specific Role Information
The Independent Reviewing Officer post involves fulfilling the statutory role of independent oversight of care planning for looked after children; promoting better outcomes for the children and young people of Northamptonshire. Your duties to monitor and review care planning and case work progression are set out in the IRO Handbook. You will be responsible for reporting on the Local Authority's performance as corporate parent and have the skills to appropriately resolve concerns at the appropriate management level when required, using escalation and dispute resolution processes. Post holders will be committed to providing a professional, robust service to some of our most vulnerable children in Northamptonshire.
You will have an active role in continuing to develop nurturing, impactful working relationships and help ensure effective practice across the professional network and promote child centred practice.
Applicants must be passionate, tenacious, knowledgeable and driven to pursue the best outcomes for our Looked after Children.
You will have knowledge of the Signs of Safety practice approach, be skilled in promoting the involvement of parents and carers and have the ability to work in a demanding multi agency environment.
You will be fully informed about current policy and guidance; able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and hold the ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively.
A social work qualification, with HCPC registration and an enhanced DBS clearance are required. You will also ideally have experience of management and/or delivering supervision. You should have experience as an Independent Reviewing Officer and as a Team Manager and bring proven experience of outcomes.
The Independent Reviewing Officer Service is based at One Angel Square, Northampton. Office facilities are modern and well maintained. The post holder will be required to travel both in and out of County; mileage to be reimbursed.
You will need to hold a drivers licence and have access to a car.
The IRO vacancy is managed by Sarah Abney; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.