Up to £28.00 per hour + Umbrella
3 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within the Hospital Discharge Team based in London Borough of Hillingdon. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £28.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Must have recent experience in a Hospital Discharge team within the last year
* Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure
* Must be a car driver with access to own transport.
Specific Role Information
London Borough of Hillingdon are looking for a Social Worker to join their Hospital Team.
Working in the Hospital Discharge Team, the post holder will ensure that Older & Younger Adults receive community care and support in accordance with the Care Act 2014 and will ensure Safeguarding Adults responsibilities are met. Additionally they will be responsible for ensuring safe and timely discharges from hospital.
Pay rate: £28ph - Umbrella / £21.60 p/hr PAYE
* Manage a wider, increasingly complex social work caseload including safeguarding adults, with more autonomy.
* Demonstrate expertise in one or more areas of social work practice.
* Use range of frameworks for assessment and intervention.
* Provide support for trainees and other employees, including acting as a 'buddy' for inductees.
* Take responsibility for obtaining regular, effective supervision from appropriate Social Worker to ensure effective practice, critical reflection and career development.
* Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and use of knowledge related to area of practice, including critical awareness of current issues and new evidence-based practice research.
* Recognise discriminatory practices and appropriately challenge service users, colleagues and senior staff.
* Be responsible for proactive measures in response to emergency safety and liberty issues.
* Demonstrate cost-consciousness in the application of available resources.
* Maintain knowledge of current team plan and of own contribution in delivering this.
* Demonstrate awareness and compliance with required Standards including the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (Social Work level).
* Use a wide range of evidence sources to inform decision-making.
* Clearly report and record judgements, decisions and analysis using the appropriate system (Protocol / AIS)
In addition, if they can have experience within the Hospital setting, mental capacity, discharge planning and completion of continuing health care assessments.
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Mark Tuvey; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.