Bracknell Forest, Berkshire
3 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Head of Service to work full time within The Adult Community Team based in Bracknell Forest. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Head of Service role is Negotiable (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Head of Service
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Experience of managing a large budget effectively
* Understanding of and commitment to the requirements of safeguarding vulnerable adult
* Ability to deliver service outcomes against agreed targets and timescales
* Experience of effectively managing a large and complex workload
* Strong leadership skills combined with a principled approach to service delivery
* Determination to improve local Health & Social Care Services to adults
* Ability to work flexibly
* Ability to travel for the purpose of work
* A satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure.
Specific Role Information
Head of Service for Adult Community Team.
Strategic Management and Leadership
1. To ensure that positive outcomes for individuals are at the heart of all planning and activity within the service, and to advocate this approach in all aspects of work undertaken.
2. To take the lead in the strategic development of long term support for older people and people with long term conditions, and intermediate care, adhering to national expectations and legislative frameworks.
3. To work with partners within the Council, NHS and the wider community to promote and facilitate equitable access for eligible adults enabling them to access all local facilities to meet their individual needs.
4. To manage and develop the provision of relevant services, including assessment, commissioning and provision, to meet current and future needs. To participate fully in performance monitoring and management to ensure continual improvement.
5. To ensure that regulated services comply with the required standards.
6. To work in partnership with other BFC services and NHS organisations to manage whole systems capacity and ensure timely hospital discharge
7. In partnership with departmental colleagues develop, monitor and review care coordination processes to ensure their effectiveness and efficiency, and ensure effective personalised support arrangements
8. To ensure that the relevant policies and procedures of the Council and - where relevant - the Healthcare Trust are implemented. This to include policies and procedures in relation to all Human Resources related issues, to ensure professional practice is developed and maintained.
9. To follow appropriate financial procedures, and manage the relevant devolved budgets ensuring balanced budgets at year end. This will involve ensuring that all staff are aware of and understand the principles of budgetary control.
10. To ensure appropriate consultation and participation of people who are eligible for social care and support, and carers in all relevant planning and development forums.
11. To ensure that the principles of equality of opportunity are adhered to in all areas of service delivery, and employment.
12. Such other duties as may from time to time be necessary, compatible with the nature of the post. It should be noted that the above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post. It is intended to give an overall view of the position and should be taken as guidance only.
The Head of Service vacancy is managed by Sam Wade; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.