£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Umbrella
9 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within the Family Safeguarding Teams based in Luton. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £28.00 - £32.00 dependent on experience (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Minimum of 3 years post qualified experience in a Children's and Family environment
* Strong assessment experience
* Able to work with complex and challenging cases, where there may be issues of vulnerability and risk with minimum supervision
* You will need to be flexible in your approach during the transition into a the new family safeguarding model
* Ability to work as a team with a keen interest to adapt to a new way of working
* Ability to make professional judgments in a multi-disciplinary setting
* Must be a car driver with access to own transport.
Specific Role Information
Luton Borough Council are looking for 2 x Social Workers to join the Family Safeguarding Teams based in the Town Hall.
LTD/UMBRELLA: £28ph - £32ph (dependent on experience).
PAYE (inc. pensions): £23.45ph - £26.80ph
Receive and co-ordinate referrals, undertake assessments/formulate care plans, arrange action and review services for children and families.
Following the success from Hertfordshire County Council trialing the "Family Safeguarding Model" Luton Council Children's Services are one of 5 Local Authorities to have been awarded £2.5m by the DfE Innovation fund to trial the Family Safeguarding Model for a period of 2 years.
There are 5 teams for this model - North, East, South, West & Central - The new model will be being phased out across the teams one by one - therefore the successful candidates for these roles will need to bear in mind there will be a period of transition in which training will be being provided from the DfE funding to all involved.
The ideal candidates will need to have a strong understanding of the "Toxic Trio" - further information attached to this role within documents.
The team require an experienced social worker to take hold of complex cases and move them onto the next stages of their plan.
The ideal candidates will hold the below experience:
* Referral & Assessment experience
* Intake assessments experience
* Child Protection
* Care Proceedings
Ability to manage own case load is essential.
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Sarah Abney; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.