Please advise desired rate
2 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Commissioning Manager to work full time within Social Services based in Cardiff. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Commissioning Manager role is 'please specify desired rate' (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Commissioning Manager
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Experience of leadership and management of social services commissioning
* Knowledge and experience of improvement methodologies
* Experience of managing complex projects
* Expert knowledge of Welsh social services legislation, codes of practice and regulation
* Knowledge and experience of taking a rights approach to commissioning
* Experience of multi-agency child and adult protection and safeguarding
* Ability to manage and motivate workforce and develop teams to high level of performance
* High levels of skills in financial management and business case development
* Able to work flexibly including out of normal office hours and participate in on call rotas
* Able to travel as required.
Specific Role Information
This is a senior role in Cardiff's Social Services directorate. Its purpose is:
* To effectively manage and support commissioning, procurement and contract monitoring and quality assurance of commissioned social services in Cardiff
* To working across the Directorate Management Team, with Council and regional partners, to secure the optimal quality and quantum of cost effective services to meet the well-being outcomes of children, young people, adults and carers with care and support needs
* To work as a senior member of the Directorate Management Team, developing positive and productive relationships with operational managers to deliver modern, high quality, effective and cost effective services.
* To contribute to risk management, safeguarding and sustainability of social service through the most effective commissioning arrangements
* To deliver strategic and operational commissioning of social services in accordance with statutory guidance and regulations. This includes responsibilities for securing:
o Positive relationships people with care and support needs, and providers to co-produce care and support services which are strength based and outcome focussed
o Transparent and cost effective use of resources
o The right range and quality of flexible and services which are able to respond and adapt to support what matters to individual people to achieve outcomes
o Provider markets that are effective and sustainable in the short, medium and long term
The Commissioning Manager vacancy is managed by Sam Wade; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.