Negotiable based on experience
5 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Children's Strategic Commissioning Lead Officer to work full time within the Children's Services based in Cardiff. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Children's Strategic Commissioning Lead Officer role is negotiable (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Children's Strategic Commissioning Lead Officer
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Relevant experience.
Specific Role Information
1. To effectively lead on the Strategic Commissioning & Contract Compliance functions in Adult's Services in order to meet current and changing need.
2. Develop effective strategic commissioning, market development and contract management systems for services for children & young people and families.
3. Contribute to change programmes focussed on outcomes and efficiency across Adult's Social Services.
4. Develop and manage local markets to deliver cost effective and high quality outcomes for Adults
5. Develop and maintain quality frameworks and measures for commissioned services, ensuring an appropriate interface is established with the over-arching Social Services Quality Assurance Framework.
6. Manage the development and delivery of an overarching-Commissioning Strategy for Adult's Services and contribute to the overarching Commissioning Framework for Social Services
7. Develop effective plans with stakeholders including the participation of service users and carers in the identification of need, development of services and in the monitoring of service outcomes.
8. Manage the development of options appraisals, which evidence outcomes to be achieved, effective pathways and quality of design and service delivery, partnership opportunities and efficient and most effective use of resources.
9. Manage market conditions and take any necessary steps to stimulate and improve the market with a range of providers of services for adults, families and carers.
10. Maintain appropriate performance management systems for commissioned services. This will include the availability of information for internal and external reporting and regulatory bodies.
11. Engage in effective communications and consultation on behalf of the Council to ensure that messages are conveyed in a timely, transparent and coherent manner, to develop methods by which the local community's views can be heard.
12. Identify opportunities and where appropriate, provide a co-ordinated and integrated approach to the delivery of jointly commissioned services across organisational boundaries (e.g. Local Authority & Health).
13. Represent the Council at regional and national networks which relate to Adult's Social Care and related issues.
14. Prepare reports, attending and chair meetings and contribute to Welsh Government reports and returns as required.
15. Develop an effective mechanism for managing the Escalating Concerns process in Adult's Services.
16. Manage commissioning budgets within the resources available and in line with the Directorate's priorities and savings targets in compliance with the polices, financial regulations and standing orders of the Council.
17. To effectively contribute to the management of the budget for the Strategic Commissioning & Contract Compliance Team and to contribute to the Directorate's annual Financial Planning Process and associated monitoring of savings achievements and their impact.
The Children's Strategic Commissioning Lead Officer vacancy is managed by Sam Wade; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.