Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£32.34 - £33.32 per hour + Umbrella
3 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Practitioner to work full time within the Early Intervention and Children's Social Care Team based in Stoke on Trent. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Practitioner role is £32.34 + £0.98 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Practitioner
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
* To carry out assessments and manage plans of intervention/support/care within government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Practice and/or Principal Manager.
* To provide a needs-led, professional social work service to children, young people and their families, complying with legislative requirements and in accordance with established best practice
* To maintain a personal awareness of legislation, national and regional developments and key drives that shape and influence contemporary social work practice.
* To ensure that service user records are maintained in accordance with Departmental procedures, and that information required for management purposes is recorded and inputted appropriately.
* To support less experienced colleagues in developing skills, knowledge and experience.
* To manage a varied caseload of complex and challenging cases.
* To take responsibility under the direction of the Principal or Practice Manager for the support of social work students on placement and act as workplace supervisor or Practice Teacher.
* To support/coach/mentor less experienced members of the team.
* Carry out any other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the Directorate.
* To ensure that the welfare of the child or young person is paramount at all times.
* To ensure that children, young people and their families are fully involved in the process of assessment, service delivery and service review.
* To contribute to the overall department of the workforce.
* To ensure that departmental health and safety procedures and standards are following in the performance of all duties.
* To be responsible for effective time management and responding flexibly to the needs of the service.
* To actively participate in the performance management systems including supervision, PAR, team meetings, section and divisional briefings and reviews of service.
* To ensure that the department's and authority's resources are deployed efficiently and effectively at all times.
* To be responsible for the allocation of appropriate tasks to social work assistants, and to provide the necessary support and guidance for the completion of those tasks.
* To provide support and cover for other staff as required by the Practice and/or Principal Manager.
* To be responsible for contributing to information management processes in the department.
* To have the…
* To take personal responsibility for continuing professional development and for achieving and maintaining the required level of performance for the post.
* To have commitment to developing skills through work experience and the management of complex cases and new situations.
* To ensure principles of equality and diversity are intrinsic throughout.
Specific Role Information
To ensure that within all cases, but specifically complex situations all eligible children receive good quality, in-depth assessments, robust plans with SMART planning that is appropriate to meet their needs and achieve good outcomes for children.
To support less experienced members of the team and students in learning and developing skills, knowledge and expertise, by providing advice, guidance and mentoring.
The Practitioner vacancy is managed by Craig Davis; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.