Up to £34.00 per hour + Umbrella
7 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Deputy Team Manager to work full time within the Assessment Team based in Luton. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Deputy Team Manager role is £34.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Deputy Team Manager
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Assessment team experience
* Strong experience of S47 assessments
* Ability to make professional judgments in a multi-disciplinary setting
* Able to work with complex and challenging cases, where there may be issues of vulnerability and risk with minimum supervision
* Substantial knowledge of legislation and statutory responsibilities
* Able to make professional judgements
* Effective communicator/high record keeping
* Ability to hit the ground running
* Driving license and own transport essential.
Specific Role Information
Luton Borough Council are looking for a DTM to join the Assessment Team - based at the Town Hall.
Pay rate: £34ph Ltd.
The post holder will be required to undertake assessments/devising care plans, arranging action and reviewing services for children and families, including influencing the direction of future services.
Candidates will need to have had RECENT experience within the below arenas:
* Referral & Assessment experience
* Neighbourhood teams experience
* Intake assessments experience
* Child Protection
* Care Proceedings
Complete professional assessments of need and risk in respect of service users and carers using the Department of Health and Luton Borough Council criteria for children in need and significant harm. Taking the lead role and responsibility, you co-ordinate the multi-agency approach to prevent and address child protection issues and children in need.
Undertake statutory duties under the Children Act 1989 and other legislation and guidance relating to service users and carers e.g. care proceedings, arrangements for adoption/permanency, risk assessments and investigations in relation to the protection of children. Including arrangements for obtaining and carrying out Court Orders, attending court as the Council's representative and providing instruction to legal counsel.
Plan professional intervention using the appropriate available resources ensuring needs are met through negotiation and consultation with professional colleagues and service users. Promote anti discriminatory practice and the empowerment of service users.
4. Keep appropriate case records, statistics and information. Provide case reports and witness statements for Court when required, accountable to the requirements of both internal/external agencies in line with Luton Borough Council Policies and Procedures.
5. Ensure that the needs of service users are regularly reviewed and changes in circumstances and newly identified needs are addressed. This will necessitate organising and chairing multi agency meetings.
The Deputy Team Manager vacancy is managed by Sarah Abney; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.