Bradford, West Yorkshire
£36.75 - £37.07 per hour + Umbrella
4 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Child Protection Chair to work full time within the Child Protection Team based in Bradford. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Child Protection Chair role is £36.75 + £0.32 AWR (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Child Protection Chair
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* A thorough knowledge of equality issues and practices
* An understanding of multi-agency responsibilities in child protection
* Chairing meetings
* Child care legislation
* Consultancy experience
* Current research and guidance in Child Protection
* Develop and monitor Child Protection plans and plans for other categories of children in need of safeguarding
* Knowledge of service needs of the minority ethnic communities
* Offering training to others
* Post qualification Child Protection training
* Safeguarding protocols.
Specific Role Information
Bradford is a Signs of Safety Authority so the candidate needs to have experience working with this model.
The post is to cover recruitment, we have a member of staff leaving 19th February and the candidate will take over this workers full caseload. The post is likely to need covering to the end of April 2019.
- Chair Initial Child Protection Case Conferences and Child Protection Reviews using the Signs of Safety Model
- Liaise with internal and external professionals in relation to Child Protection Cases
- Challenge and raise QA against cases not running as expected
- Cover Duty as required, this could also include LADO's
- Update the in-house database as appropriate
The Child Protection Chair vacancy is managed by Craig Davis; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.