Negotiable based on experience
about 1 month ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work part time within The Adult DOLS Team based in Bath. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is negotiable based on experience (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Significant senior level frontline experience within adult's services
* The post holder must have completed an approved BIA course and have completed further annual update training as necessary, since completing the course.
* The post holder must have experience of practising as a BIA or at least have shadowed a BIA when undertaking DoLS assessments.
* The post holder must have a good understanding of the MCA and associated codes of practice including the Acts interface with other relevant legislation e.g. the Mental Health Act 1983
* The post holder must have a good understanding of the Care Act and associated statutory guidance and be aware of how the Act interfaces with other legislations or guidance e.g. CHC and FNC guidance
* The post holder must have a clear understanding of the role of IMCA's under the MCA and relevant person's representatives for the purposes of DoLS.
Specific Role Information
* To carry out the duties and responsibilities of relevant legislation including the Care Act (2015), the Mental Capacity Act (2005)
* To carry out the duties and responsibilities of a Best Interests Assessor (BIA) under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA), as directed by the Team Manager, with professionalism and skill.
* To adhere to departmental policy and procedures relevant to the role.
* To engage and communicate with a wide range of service users/carers, colleagues and other professionals effectively using appropriate professional skills.
* To manage challenging and sensitive issues with awareness and interpersonal skills.
* To advise and support managing authorities as necessary to make appropriate DoLS authorisation requests in light of a changing legal and policy landscape.
* To keep abreast of developing case law in MCA and DoLS related matters.
* To participate and contribute to team meetings and contribute to team and service development.
* To complete annual DoLS update training as required by the Team Manager.
* To manage a caseload which may include all client groups, but specifically for people with physical disabilities or health needs.
* To complete comprehensive individual needs assessment, and to assist in the co-ordination of appropriate care and support packages of care.
* To complete or participate in the assessment of risk, and to produce appropriate risk management strategies.
* To participate in the review and evaluation of packages of care and support.
* To liaise with other health and social care professionals, organisations and agencies, including carers and family, housing, probation service, benefits and welfare agencies.
* To maintain case records and general administration related to the caseload in line with departmental guidance and procedures.
* To undertake on occasions the supervision of other health or social care workers, including student supervision.
* To fully participate in the shared responsibilities and tasks of the team/service, including working with a multi-disciplinary team in both a hospital and community settings.
* To participate in the team/service and departments staff development programmes and the promotion of specialist skills.
* To carry out such other duties as are required as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
The Senior Social Worker vacancy is managed by Sam Wade; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.