Up to £28.00 per hour + Umbrella
4 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Best Interest Assessor to work full time within the Adult Safeguarding Team based in Luton. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this BIA role is £28.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the BIA
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Demonstrable post qualification experience with adults, families, carers and professionals
* Assessment work in a vulnerable adult setting
* Experience and knowledge in undertaking BIA assessments and presenting cases in court
* Experience of working effectively and independently within a multi-disciplinary context, initiating appropriate statutory action
* Able to undertake challenging and high risk assessments, identifying degrees of priority and urgency, accurately applying legal reasoning and making sound professional judgements, keeping and maintaining high quality records on the case recording system
* Able to analyse conflicting information, giving appropriate weighting in decision making
* Able to act as an independent practitioner.
Specific Role Information
Social Worker - Best Interest Assessor/Court of Protection required for Luton Council
Pay rate £28ph Ltd.
Working closely with adults within the Borough of Luton, you will fulfil the duties and responsibilities of Best Interest Assessor (BIA) / Court of Protection (CoP) Social Worker in the Adult Safeguarding Team, completing comprehensive person centred assessments to a high standard in determining whether applications made by Managing Authorities to deprive a person of their liberty meet the legal criterion and are in the person's best interests, as outlined in the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, Code of Practice and subsequent case law.
The BIA vacancy is managed by Sarah Abney; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.