Up to £35.00 per hour + Umbrella
6 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Advanced Social Worker to work full time within the Adoption Team based in Yate, Gloucestershire. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Advanced Social Worker role is £35.00 + 0.75 AWR (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Advanced Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* 5 years pot qualified experience
* Effective communicator
* MS Office
* Risk management
* Special guardianship order experience.
Specific Role Information
Special Guardianship Order (SGO) - Advanced level Social Worker per MOC within our Adoption Team.
The role will be working alongside an experienced SGO Social Worker and the management oversight sits within the connected carers part of the Family Placement Team. As a team member you will receive regular reflective supervision from your Team Manager
South Gloucestershire is a relatively small authority with a comparatively low population of children in care. However the use of Special Guardianship Orders is higher than some of our comparators, with the focus of SGO support to strengthen families to manage periods of challenge and stress with the view that families will ultimately be able to thrive alongside universal services.
We strive to ensure that all children and young people subject to Special Guardianship Orders meet their full potential and have opportunities to achieve their best.
The team work closely with our colleagues in our locality teams and colleagues in fostering.
As a case holding SGO social worker you will be expected to travel, as some children and young people placed under SGOs live out of the local area.
South Gloucestershire Council are committed to the use Signs of Safety and this is incorporated into all work and reports undertaken.
A summary of the main duties includes:
- Working closely with the Access and Response Team (ART) and South Gloucestershire's Locality teams to meet with potential SGO carers and to discuss with the allocated Social Workers any potential support needs of the prospective SGO carers.
- SGO Support covers a wide spectrum, from weekly contacts when necessary to more practical and less frequent phone support. This support includes advice regarding birth family contact, considering the therapeutic needs of children and their carers, responding to complex behaviours, and coordinating claims via the Adoption Support Fund (ASF) for specific
Full clean driver's licence and access to a car (or able to use another appropriate means of travel) to travel to a range of locations including home visits.
The Advanced Social Worker vacancy is managed by Sam Wade; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.