£32.00 - £32.83 per hour + Umbrella
6 months ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within the Hospital Discharge Team based in London Borough of Brent. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £32.00 + £0.83 AWR (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
* Ability to work positively as a member of the team both with social services and with other agencies
* Ability to be able to respond positively to supervision and training
* Ability to put together care packages and care plans including monitoring and reviewing
* Ability to purchase care packages with budgetary framework
* Ability to prioritise and manage own work process and to work under pressure
* Ability to manage stress and conflict
* Ability to produce information and reports
* Proven experience in negotiating and advisory skills
* Proven experience of assessment, care management and reviewing skills
* 5+ years post qualified experience.
Specific Role Information
The post- holder will be working within Brent Hospital Discharge Team and will be responsible for assessments and Support Planning for adults with Physical disabilities and older people and people who misuse drugs or alcohol.
1. To carry out needs led assessments of adult within the guidelines of Care Act 2014
2. To care manage straight forward and complex cases including Safeguarding Adults and Deprivation of Liberty. Co-ordinating and reviewing multi-service care packages.
3. To support the unit in meeting individual / Unit performance targets and actively contributes to its continuous improvement.
4. To work within sections 2 & 5 of the Delayed Discharges guidance to facilitate safe and timely discharge for Brent residents.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
* A recognised qualification in Dip. SW, CQSW, CSS Registered with the Health Care Professional Council (HCPC)
* Knowledge of the needs of elderly people, people with physical disabilities or drug and alcohol users dependent on post, and of relevant legislation.
* Knowledge and experience of computerisation including assessment processes
* Knowledge and experience of tests to determine eligibility criteria for services.
* Understanding of and commitment to the implementation of Equal Opportunities and Client Care Policy in all aspects of work
* Understanding of and commitment to the implementation of the Council's Customer Care and policy
* Significant experience working in Care Service Department or similar organisation
* Significant experience working in a multi-cultural environment
* Experience of working with elderly people, people with physical disabilities or drug and alcohol users dependent on post.
* Experience of multi-disciplinary work
* Experience of working with the Elderly Mentally ill and Elderly Learning Disabled people, people with physical disabilities or drug and alcohol use dependent on post.
* Experience of managing change, problem solving and decision making
* Experience of working on a professional level
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Mark Tuvey; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.