Up to £26.00 per hour + Umbrella
1 day ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Social Worker to work full time within The Adult Safeguarding Team based in Stevenage. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Social Worker role is £26.00 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Experienced practitioner (not newly qualified)
* Ability to work at a fast pace, maintaining a personal approach
* Proficient with technology
* Demonstrable understanding of good practice and policy in Safeguarding, including legal requirement
* Demonstrable understanding and application of the Mental Capacity Act
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work at a fast pace
* Must be a car driver with access to own transport
* Desirable - in depth or broad range of experience of different needs, e.g. people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, frailty or dementia, Older People and Young Adults.
Specific Role Information
Hertfordshire County Council are looking for 2 x Social Workers to join their new Safeguarding team based in the East of the county.
PAYE (inc. pensions): £20.36ph
The Adult Safeguarding teams are new teams providing a service to all adults who have a need for care and support, although initially not with people whose primary need is Mental Health. Working with Making Safeguarding Personal principles, the team will manage the process of decision making on concerns and arranging and chairing Case Conferences, working closely with the local teams where Safeguarding enquiries are needed.
As a social care professional (Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Nurse or other) the Adult Safeguarding Practitioner will contribute effectively and professionally to the work of the specialist Adult Safeguarding team, to fulfil Hertfordshire County Council's adult safeguarding responsibilities in line with section 42 of the Care Act and working within Hertfordshire safeguarding frameworks. The values and principles of Making Safeguarding Personal are intrinsic to the operations of the team.
You will endorse and act in accordance with the principles of personalisation, ensuring that appropriate safeguarding responses and actions are person-centred and, as far as possible, putting people in control of their lives. Your practice will be responsive, inclusive and community-based, working to ensure the service provided is effective, efficient and delivers positive and personal outcomes for the citizens of Hertfordshire.
You will respond to safeguarding concerns raised; record safeguarding adult concerns accurately and timely; identify safeguarding plans to mitigate risk to the person; gather relevant information to support decision making; seek and record views of adult at risk, undertake capacity assessments / best interest decisions as appropriate; contribute to strategy discussions or meetings. You may be required to lead investigations and contribute to case conferences, ensuring outcomes are recorded; be lead investigator on a section 42 enquiry; and identify need for other assessments or interventions required.
The Social Worker vacancy is managed by Sarah Abney; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.