Up to £28.64 per hour + Umbrella
about 1 month ago
OneTrue are recruiting for a committed Principal Social Worker to work full/part time within the Adult Locality Teams based in Camborne and Penzance. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working in the same or a similar service, be very dedicated, personable and willing to contribute positively to the team and service to ensure the best and most appropriate outcomes are delivered. Applicants must have previous experience working with UK statutory services and hold valid HCPC registration.
The pay rate for this Principal Social Worker role is £28.64 (Umbrella Company) per hour and is an ongoing contract.
Choose OneTrue for the market leading locum package
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to roles first increasing chances of selection for interview
* Discounted FCSA Umbrella company rates (£10 per timesheet) available
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Placement Continuity Bonus" of £250 per 500 hours worked
* "Referral Bonus" £250 for each referral you make that achieves 100 hours in placement through OneTrue
Requirements of the Principal Social Worker
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Ability to deputise for the Team Manager on specified occasions
* Ability to manage and be accountable, with supervision/support, for your own social work practice within your organisation
* Ability to support the development of less experienced staff within the team
* Able to deliver an assessment care management service to a specific client group
* Able to manage risk to individuals, families, carers, groups, communities, self and colleagues
* Able to practice in accordance with National Occupational Standards for Social Work/Code of practice for Social Care Workers
* Able to prepare for, and work with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities to assess their needs and circumstances
* Able to provide an enhanced level of skill and expertise within their practice.
Specific Role Information
Principal Social Worker
Preferably for one full time person (37 hours) to work across two teams in West who are based:
North Kerrier Locality Team, Dolcoath offices, Camborne
Penwith Locality Team, Roscadghill Parc, Penzance 18.5 hours
Alternatively would consider 2 people each working 18.5 hrs
Leadership and management skills; coaching, mentoring, supervising a range of staff including non-registered staff, Newly Qualified Social Workers, through to Experienced Social Workers; managing competing demands; risk management; Safeguarding experience; Chairing complex meetings
Ability to drive between team locations, having access to own transport
3 months initially
Full time ideally, however would consider 2 part time workers each working 18.5 hrs per week (working pattern can be discussed)
1 full time OR 2 x half time
The Principal Social Worker vacancy is managed by Sam Wade; if you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.